CEPRA 19 - Large-Scale, Anechoic, Wind Tunnel noise research facility
Large-Scale, Anechoic, Wind Tunnel noise research facility (up to 3 m open-jet test section).
A large-scale anechoic continuous wind tunnel with a big diameter free-jet test chamber.
Low-speed flows up to Mach 0.38 (approach and take-off).
CEPRA 19 is an open circuit wind tunnel with the following major components :
- A 9 x 9 m (29.5 x 29.5 ft) inlet featuring a dust filter, acoustic baffles, anti-turbulence screens and a honeycomb.
- A contraction with an inlet diameter of 9 m (29.5 ft) and a nozzle exit diameter of 3 m or 2 m (9.8 or 6.6 ft).
- An anechoic chamber (test section) in the shape of roughly a quarter of a sphere, with an internal radius of 9.6 m (31.5 ft).
- A flow collector.
- A diffuser.
- A fan silencer.
- A centrifugal fan driven by a 7 MW asynchronous electric motor.
- High quality continuous airflow at up to 130 m/s (426 fps).
- Very good anechoicity (minimised noise reflections), and low background noise in the 200 Hz to 80 kHz frequency bandwidth.
- Aircraft models up to 1/11th scale tested.
- Nozzle model diameters up to 30 cm (1.0 ft) tested, with a total continuous massflow up to 12 kg/s (26.4 lb/s) possible.
- Nozzle primary jet temperature can be raised to 1150 K (877°C) thanks to a 3 MW propane burner, and the secondary jet up to 500 K (227°C) by the heat of compression only.
- Far-field and near-field noise and flow-field measurements with an assortment of arrays and antennae, in a large anechoic chamber.
- Jet noise (hot or cold) with both isolated and installed configurations.
- Fan noise using TPS with both isolated and installed configurations.
- Airframe noise (High lift Devices noise, landing gear noise ...).
- Automotive noise.
- Industrial aeroacoustics.