F2 wind tunnel
The F2 subsonic continuous flow wind tunnel is a research facility allowing the use of large size models.
- Test section dimensions:
- length: 5 m,
- width: 1.4 m,
- height: 1.8 m.
- The wind tunnel is equipped with a 12 bladed fan driven by a 680 kW direct current motor. The velocity can be continuously varied from 0 to 100 m/s by adjusting the motor speed.
- The total temperature is controlled in ± 1°C by a water cooler.
- The settling chamber is equipped with 4 screens, a honeycomb filter, and noise dampers on walls, which, in conjunction with a contraction ratio of 12, supply a flow with a very low level of turbulence in the test section (less than 0.05 %).
- Three dimensional laser anemometry.
- PIV capability.
- Flow visualisation by laser sheet.
- Visualisation by colored oils, acenaphtene sublimation kaolin, liquid crystals, infrared camera...
- Flow survey remotely controlled mechanism.
- The wind tunnel is well adapted to study complex flow phenomena (three dimensional boundary layer, separations, wakes).
- Transition surveys.
- Airfoil studies between walls.
- Probe calibration.