ONERA's Engineering and Models Department (DRIM) provides complete engineering services worldwide for any equipment related to wind tunnel testing :wind tunnel models, supports, testing rigs, balances and balance adapters, new test facility or facility upgrade.
- Wind tunnel models
- Model supports
- Drive mechanisms for remotely actuated flaps
- Strain gauge balances to measure aerodynamic loads
- Experimental set-ups and test rigs
- Conventional materials and composites
- EDM capabilities
- High speed machines for efficient manufacturing
- Complex powered models
- New test facilities
- Facility upgrade
- Technical support
The DRIM Division is located at different sites in France around Paris and Lille. The engineering staff represents a total work force of about 80. They form a responsive, integrated team working according to concurrent engineering procedures, optimizing the time schedule for each project.
All services are assessed based on technical and financial achievements.